Skip to main content

Media Pitch


I have written up my Media Music video Pitch in Blogger.

For my Media Music Video I will be using the song 'Butterfly Effect' by Travis Scott. This song follows a Hip Hop / Trap genre, which is perfect for my age range and target audience.

My age range for my music video is 17-25 and will be following a dark theme throughout, consisting of subtle slow-motion, wide angle and tracking shots.

All shots will be filmed on an iPhone 7 in 1080p at 60 frames per second. It was an option to film in 4K at 30 frames per second, however I made the decision to film at 1080 due to the fact that the majority of mobile devices won't be able to handle 4K at the time of the making of this music video.

Various car parks will be used, along with shots of a car and some shots in a supermarket and outside a take away restaurant.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First draft media music video

This is the first draft of my media music video. I have used the majority of my shots in the first draft, however a few have been left out due to complications with editing software. In the second draft a few more shots will be used in the video along with some special effects. Complex transitions have been used in my first draft - e.g, blur, fade, dissolve, reverse, fast and slow motion effects The second draft of my music video, will involve removing certain shots after careful consideration. I believe that some shots do not fit in with the dark and serious theme of my music video, therefore tarnishing the overall look and feel of the video. The overall order of my music video will stay the same, with the majority of the transitions and special effects being the same.

editing

Brief overview of filming: I filmed my media music video in 1080p at 60 frames per second on an iPhone 7. Editing Process: As I filmed my music video on an apple phone, it would be incredibly easy for me to edit on an apple computer also. I transferred the array of video clips to my MacBook, and then dragged them into iMovie. I then put all my clips on the timeline and began to trim away and take out clips that were unnecessary, e.g. scenes which I had filmed more than once to get the perfect take. After I took away the majority of the surplus clips - I then took away even more to get my video to approximately 2 minutes and thirty sections. I knew the requirement for the music video was 3 minutes, so therefore i factored in that my special effects, transitions and slow motion shots will add time in my video. I next began to add in transitions in between scenes along with some slow motion and fast forward effects to some select shots. Once this was done I added in the soundt

Shot List Music Video

Shot List Tracking shots - Forward Tracking shots - Backward Sliding shots - Left to right Sliding shots - Right to left Slow motion shots Blurred shots Wide angle shots Zoomed out shots Side angle shots - Left Side angle shots  - Right Close up shots