Skip to main content

David Guetta ft Sia Music Video Analaysis




David Guetta Titanium ft Sia – Hashim Shah 

In the beginning of the video there is a young boy in the centre with all of the things around him destroyed. We can assume that from the items surrounding him – books, papers, lockers. The shot moves out to reveal all the mess that the boy as supposedly caused.
The next scene is the boy walking through a corridor which is also messy, due to surrounding objects having been also smashed. However, the camera doesn’t focus on the boy walking through a corridor, rather a woman in one of the passing rooms. As the boy turns around to look at her, she partly closes the door out of fear, and is on the phone to someone – appears as if she is calling for help/protection. 
The next shot is of the boy cycling down the middle of a deserted road. The camera speeds up the boy riding on his bike, to create the illusion that he is being chased by somebody. During this scene of the music video, the camera jumps to different angles and shots of the boy and his bike – facial expressions, hands, breaks, pedals shots from behind and shots from in front. Due to the way the camera angle is positioned, it seems as if it is that the viewer is chasing the boy.
The next scene is the boy in what looks like his bedroom. He is throwing his teddy bear behind him aggressively in the air, which suggests that he is throwing away his childhood. As he is being chased it gives the illusion that he is running out of time to grow up and mature. As the bedroom which he is in is very dull and gloomy – it is assumed that he won’t be thoroughly missed by family members/people living in the house.This is due to their lack of presence when the boy is at home. 

The next scene is extremely confusing for the viewer as this is the first time that we discover that the boy has superpowers which he uses to pick up a set of keys which he moves by putting out his hand and supposedly moves them telepathically. The camera shot then quickly jumps to the front door - Two police officers then burst through the door and the child escapes through the door at the rear of the house. 
The next scene shows two teddy bears floating in the air spinning around. The camera angle is pointing upwards which gives the illusion that the viewer is standing behind the person in the music video. The teddy bears could be a way to distract the police officers – whilst the boy escapes out of the back door in his house. It can be assumed that the boy has some sort of power over the police officers due to the camera angles and the use of his ‘superpowers’. It is clear that this music video doesn’t contain the artists involved, but it tells a story instead.
Soon after this. We can see that the boy has been caught and is surrounded by many armed police officers. Bright lights from the cars are being directed in the boy’s direction. This is a long shot of the boy in the centre down on all fours, staring down at the ground.
Overall, I feel that this particular music video has a strong narrative, with some good techniques used. I feel that it matches their target audience well too. 

Comments

  1. Great work Hashim, hard work has paid off. Please check show my homework for your next task!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First draft media music video

This is the first draft of my media music video. I have used the majority of my shots in the first draft, however a few have been left out due to complications with editing software. In the second draft a few more shots will be used in the video along with some special effects. Complex transitions have been used in my first draft - e.g, blur, fade, dissolve, reverse, fast and slow motion effects The second draft of my music video, will involve removing certain shots after careful consideration. I believe that some shots do not fit in with the dark and serious theme of my music video, therefore tarnishing the overall look and feel of the video. The overall order of my music video will stay the same, with the majority of the transitions and special effects being the same.

editing

Brief overview of filming: I filmed my media music video in 1080p at 60 frames per second on an iPhone 7. Editing Process: As I filmed my music video on an apple phone, it would be incredibly easy for me to edit on an apple computer also. I transferred the array of video clips to my MacBook, and then dragged them into iMovie. I then put all my clips on the timeline and began to trim away and take out clips that were unnecessary, e.g. scenes which I had filmed more than once to get the perfect take. After I took away the majority of the surplus clips - I then took away even more to get my video to approximately 2 minutes and thirty sections. I knew the requirement for the music video was 3 minutes, so therefore i factored in that my special effects, transitions and slow motion shots will add time in my video. I next began to add in transitions in between scenes along with some slow motion and fast forward effects to some select shots. Once this was done I added in the soundt

Shot List Music Video

Shot List Tracking shots - Forward Tracking shots - Backward Sliding shots - Left to right Sliding shots - Right to left Slow motion shots Blurred shots Wide angle shots Zoomed out shots Side angle shots - Left Side angle shots  - Right Close up shots